Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter & Diabetes

I guess those 2 can kinda go together, right?
Easter Sunday started out great. The kids woke up happy and excited to open there Easter baskets.
Here they are opening the ones from Papa & Sasha.
Fortunately Papa and Sasha were there,
because Chris and I took off and headed to the ER.
Chris has been not feeling well for a few months.
And we found out exactly what Chris had suspected, he has Type 2 Diabetes.
We were happy he wasn't admitted into the hospital, but we spent 7 hours there.
So, not great news, but that's okay, we just have to change some (actually, a lot of) things and keep moving forward with God's grace. 
When he was released, we headed straight home (Thank you Papa & Sasha for watching the kids!) to do an egg hunt with these cuties.
So this Easter wasn't the best one. It wasn't what I had planned, but you know what? At Easter we celebrate Jesus being alive and risen from the grave. And because of that, I look forward to eternity in heaven with my Savior. I'm going to be there and so is Chris. We will have perfect bodies that don't break down and don't get sick. What a glorious time that will be.  Praise God. My hope is in Him!

Now, off to research and learn all about diabetes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!