Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Taco Seasoning {recipe}

We eat tacos a lot.
And when I first got married I bought those little (expensive) packets of taco seasoning every time.
Fortunately a few years ago I stumbled on a great recipe to make my own.
Try it.  It is COMPLETELY worth it.
Here's the line up of ingredients:

{Yes, there is oregano in there.  I too thought it was weird at first.}
Instead of pulling all 9 spices out every time I make tacos, I make a big batch at once.
All you do is measure the ingredients into an old (cleaned out) spice container.

Aren't the colors pretty?

And shake it all up.  Easy peasy.
I will NEVER buy those packages again!

Taco Seasoning I
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

**3 tablespoons equals one package.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!