Wednesday, March 13, 2013

See's Fudge {recipe}

I love when recipes have pictures . . . lots of pictures.
I'm a visual person who likes to see what is is supposed to look like.
So when I made this recipe for See's Fudge found on Pinterest, I knew I would have to make it again (oh darn), take pictures (even if they aren't great) and share the recipe with you all.
 Last week when it was "snowing", this was a perfect project for the kids and I.
Put 6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a bowl.
I used mini chips this time . . . it doesn't matter.

Add a stick of butter.

And a teaspoon of vanilla.  Set aside.

Spray your 9 x 9 pan with cooking spray.

Of course have cute helper #1 to oversee the project.
(She had made her Dr. Seuss hat at school.)

Place 10 large (or 150 mini - great counting lesson for kids!) marshmallows in a medium pan.

Add 2 cups of sugar.

Then 5 3/4 ounces evaporated milk.

Heat on medium stirring frequently.

Give the bowl of chocolate chips and butter to cute helper #1 to "stir".

Once it boils.  Turn to low and stir for 6 minutes.
Remember I said a medium pan???
I used a small pan.  Woops!
It ALMOST boiled over.

Then cute helper #2 comes running into help.
Pour hot milk, sugar, and marshmallow mixture into the bowl with the chocolate chips, butter and vanilla.

And stir.
Then referee a fight over who got to stir longer.

Keep stirring until the butter is melted.

Then stir until it is smooth and glossy.
If you are going to add nuts, now is the time to add them.  (I didn't add any.)
Spread into the prepared pan.

Make your kids insanely happy by giving them the spoon to lick.

And the spatula.

Because your impatient, cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the deep freeze.
A couple of hours later, pull it out and cut into squares.

Oh, it's so good.
Click {here} to be taken to the recipe from CopyKat.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!