Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Funky Paintbrush

I went with some ladies from my Community Group last night to The Funky Paintbrush for a Girls Night Out.
Mind you, I have NO artistic bone in my body . . .  daisies, hearts, stars and stick figures is the extent of what I can draw.  But I figured it would be fun enough hanging out with them while THEY had fun painting.
Here's Jamie

And Evelyn

And Kim

And our instructor Julian.
He loved the word "texture".
Which is great, when your artistic.  But when your me???  I kept thinking "Huh?"

Our first stroke of paint.

We were all nervous.

And kept thinking that we messed it up already.

We ended up having a great time.

Chris texted me about 30 minutes before the class ended and I had to leave (Rylan woke up and was screaming).  So they finished up my painting for me.
Here is the progression of my painting.

The middle bottom is my final painting.  I did 98% of it.
And the bottom right is what it was it was supposed to look like!
It was a really fun night.  I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!