Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Paperclip Earrings

I came across this cute (and easy!) idea on Pinterest by Evie S.
..
I thought it would be fun make some to send to my sisters for Christmas. I had paper clips and earring hooks on hand already and I was sure I could find some string somewhere.
I found and tried a piece of yarn but didn't like how it turned out. Then I found some old embroidery thread and that worked great - but I didn't care for the colors that I had, so I went to Michael's and got some blue-ish and yellow-ish embroidery thread. Here's how they turned out:
 
I just cut a small piece of cardboard, poked holes in it and wrote "made by me with Heavy black heart" to hold the earrings.


I know it wasn't fancy by any stretch of the imagination, but it worked.
These weren't expensive (obviously) and weren't time consuming...but were a small gift to show my sisters that I was thinking about them (and love and miss them).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!