Monday, August 12, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie {recipe}

Today I was THAT mom at the market.
You know the one.
No make-up, dirty hair in a pony, 3 kids, the 5 year old climbing all over the cart, the 1 year old screaming and throwing everything out of my purse/wallet, searching for the ONE thing I needed for dinner tonight.
{Why can't each store keep the same items together?}
Then I discovered that they were sold out. Ugh.
There was NO WAY that I could figure out something else for dinner with all this chaos going on.
I was flustrated (yes, that's a word - according to me . . .) and sweating just trying to get out of the store.
I made it home, laughing at what just happened.
It really was comical, well, maybe not to the old man in the rice aisle giving me a dirty look.
It reminded me to have more compassion on the other moms I see like this.

For dinner I had planned on rice pilaf and steamed veggies.
I was one box short for the rice.
I made that for everyone else and decided to make a smoothie for me.
And guess what?
It was awesome!

Here's the yummy recipe:
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

1½ frozen bananas
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
1½ tablespoons creamy peanut butter 
¾ cup fat free milk


Blend it together.

Tip:  When your bananas are getting TOO ripe, peel them, cut them in half, put them in a ziplock bag and throw them into the freezer!
Super easy and you will always have frozen bananas ready to go!
So dinner wasn't too much of a fail when I got to enjoy this.
Rylan really liked it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!