Saturday, May 11, 2013

Week in Review

Rylan has really become a little boy this past week.
He loves to kick and throw the ball.

And he sits on the steps like a big boy too.

Monday he got tooth #2 and Wednesday he got tooth #3!
Needless to say, he's been a bit fussy this week.

Tuesday we had our End of the Year party for our Women's Group at church.
I had printed up each ladies' prayer requests from throughout the semester and had them tape them onto a white board in 3 different columns.  Under "Yes" if God answered our prayer; "No" if the answer was no; and "Wait" if we are still waiting for an answer.

As you can see, a LOT of our prayers were answered!
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." - James 5:16
We were missing a few ladies, but here is most of our group!


Here's a random thing that made me laugh this week.

Payton's cousin's gave her the Llama Llama Red Pajama book a long time ago and inside they traced their hands and signed it.
Every time we read it, she has to place her hands on top of each one.

We've been having a unseasonably cool Spring this year and it was finally warm enough to pull out the water table we got Ry for his birthday.
And of course the big kids liked it too!

Ry loves his puzzle from Auntie Rene.
In fact he was SCREAMING at Dylan and Payton when they tried to play with it.

Today, Chris and the kids planted the backyard.

They were such big helpers.

This guy and I mostly watched.

Me and my sweet girl.

But this one is more true to life.

This afternoon, Payton came running into the house, saying with an excited voice, "Mom, you have to come and see the most wonderful thing ever."
As she was leading me to the side yard she said, "It will change your heart."
Here is what she showed me.  Hundreds of little yellow flowers all over the grass.

She was right.  It did change my heart.  It melted.
Chris had to run to the market and asked Dylan if he would go with him.
He ran upstairs and changed his clothes so he would look just like Daddy.

Seriously?  My kids just make my heart swell sometimes.
These are the moments I want to remember forever.
{Hum.  I wonder if that is how God feels about us at times too.}

Rylan learned a new sign!  I think this one will be used a LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!