Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Crinkle Cookies {recipe}


Remember back in the day when we had actual "cookbooks"?
I have 2 that were a fundraiser from my nephew's school.  They were collections of recipes from local teachers in the area.  They were printed on cardstock and spiral bound.  I've gotten a few really good recipes out of them!  That is where I originally found this recipe called Chewy Lemon Drop Cookies.
They were fantastic.  It's super easy with only 4 ingredients!
I have made them over and over.
Last week for our Women's Group End of the Year part, I decided to make them but this time to make Red Velvet* flavor.
This recipe is all over the blogosphere with different variations, here is the one I use.

Crinkle Cookies

1 (8 oz) container of (Light) Cool Whip
1 egg
1 package cake mix - any flavor (lemon is my favorite!)
powdered sugar

Mix together Cool Whip, egg, and cake mix until incorporated.  (note: It is a VERY sticky dough!) 
Using a cookie dough scoop, drop a scoop into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll around to cover the whole ball with the powdered sugar. (My kids like helping on this part!  But it DOES make a mess.)
Place cookies about 2" apart on a baking sheet.
Bake for 9-11 minutes in a 350 degree oven. 
Let them cool on the baking sheets for a minute or 2 and transfer them to a pice of wax paper to finish cooling.

*Confession time.  I don't like Red Velvet anything (with the exception of my friend, Judi's Red Velvet Cupcakes.  THOSE are yum-o!)  I didn't care for these cookies.  Not that they were bad - they just aren't my favorite.  I would rather save my calories for something else.  So unless you LOVE Red Velvet . . . make this recipe with lemon cake mix instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!