Monday, July 16, 2012

Kids Shampoo

This post should actually be titled "Duh!".  As in, "I can't believe I didn't figure that out before!".  I've had "Duh!" moments before, especially now that there is Pinterest.  But the best story for me was when a friend was making lunch for our kids (Dylan was a toddler) and she pulled out a bag of frozen vegetables, only cooked 1/4 of the bag (as much as the kids would eat) and put the rest back in the freezer...  Why I had assumed that I had to cook the WHOLE bag at one time - I don't know.  But it made serving veggies at lunch and dinner so much easier.  Duh!  I can't believe I didn't figure that out before!

The reverse also happened when I showed the same friend that you can put the kids cup straws on the tines in the dishwasher instead of putting them in the silverware holder (where they always seem to fall thru and get lost).  She thought the same thing - Duh!  I can't believe I didn't figure that out before!

So now onto present day.  How many times have you bought a brand new bottle of kids shampoo, only to discover that during bath time they have squeezed the ENTIRE bottle into their bath because they wanted more bubbles????  Oh, it's only my kids?  Great. Well this has been happening a lot lately - from both Payton AND Dylan.  I made them buy a replacement bottle with their own money but they still did it.

My "Duh!  I can't believe I didn't figure that out before!" moment came when I bought a new bottle of hand soap and was about to throw away the old one.  {Yes, I know I need to buy the refill package but I can't stomach paying $10 for a huge bottle of soap.}  Anyway, I digress.

Maybe...just MAYBE it would be harder to waste the shampoo when it is in a pump bottle???  So I took some Goo Gone, wiped off the label, rinsed out the bottle and filled it with the kids shampoo.  Wha-la!  
Yes, I realize that they COULD still pump all the shampoo out.  Or twist the cap off and pour it out.  But it seems to be working for us.  It's fun for them and Payton can easily get it out herself, without trying to hold a heavy (and wet) bottle.

See she likes it!
Do you have any "Duh!  I can't believe I didn't figure that out before!" moments that you would like to share???  If so, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!