Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2011

The day started with a little coloring time.
Followed by some prep work of the thanksgiving meal, then a break to go and work out.  Chris on his trainer and I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (Payton even joined me for a little bit).  {Trying to counteract the damage that will be done later - guess I'm glad I can say I'm eating for two!}

Got ready for the day then back to the kitchen for cooking and even a bit of cleaning for the kids - it's a family affair.
We ate our yummy meal out on the patio.  It was a beautiful day.

Took a nap and relaxed then went back for dessert:
The yummiest Pumpkin Cheesecake...EVER!  My friend Tamara made this.  Seriously SOOO yummy.

We finished up the day with a family walk around the neighborhood.  It was a GREAT Thanksgiving...

I interviewed the kids and asked what they were thankful for and here are their answers:
Dylan - "I am thankful for God, my family, for daddy, my friends, my toys, Nathan, my legos, my bedroom, my bed, my school, flowers, trees, woods, computers, games, movies, my Cars tv, my hats, my clothes, my socks, my underware (hee hee hee) and my books."

Payton - "Ah, I'm thankful for going on a flight, I like going on a walk, for running and chasing.  I'm thankful for doing stuff that people want me to, for breaking my wheels, for some wonderful food, for loving my mommy and the baby, for chasing daddy, and for doing stuff that is right and for loving somebody, and for headbands that are pretty.  I'm thankful for Dylan."

I am thankful for Jesus Christ paying MY debt so I can spend eternity in heaven and escape the punishment I earned.  I am so thankful for God providing all my NEEDS in this life and blessing me above that.  His grace is more than I deserve.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!  Especially my family in California and Colorado - missing you guys today! {tear}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!