Monday, July 18, 2016

Black Bean Soup {recipe}

My sister {hi Jeannine!} sent me this recipe saying that her family loves it.  I didn't think my kids would go for it, so I set the recipe aside for a few months.  A few weeks back, I saw the recipe and realized that we had all the ingredients, so I made it.  And guess what?  The kids LOVED it.  Seriously loved it.  They loved it so much that even though it was 94 degrees today, Dylan asked for this for dinner.
Black Bean Soup
From: Jen Howard

2 - 15oz cans black beans, well drained
1-1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup chunky salsa
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

Blend all ingredients in a blender, except 1/2 can of beans.  Add soup and 1/2 can of beans to sauce pan and heat.

Serve with grated cheese, avocado and tortilla chips.

Optional: You can add corn or shredded chicken to the soup if you'd like.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!