Friday, June 28, 2013

California {Day 2 & 3}

June 12, 2013
Gigi getting to hold sleeping grandkids.
I think it is one of her favorite things to do!

Have I told you how much I love these cutie-patooties?

I love their silliness.

And especially the sweet moments when they think no one is looking.

Making rollie-pollie freeways.

Dylan made apple smiles and a sign that says "Please take one!".

There were a lot of places that I wanted to eat at while in CA.
One of those places was DW Subs.
I loved going there when I was little and they still make the best subs around!
All 4 of us split a sandwich.

The kids got slushies afterwards and were FREEZING!
Here they are shivering walking thru the market.

We made a stop to the 99 Cents store and the kids got $3 each to spend.
They thought they hit the jackpot!

Before we headed to dinner, we made another stop for an pre-dinner at Knollwood's for their yummy Chinese Chicken Salad (split between 4 of us).

Dinner was at John's Place to see my niece, Kenzi (she works there).
(And of course don't have a picture to post of her - oops!)

Davese (Auntie D)

and Miles (aka Unc) met us there.

Kenzi got the kids gumballs.

And this is Dylan's face asking if he could eat it.

Papa Nutt & Gigi

June 13, 2013
Heading to LAX to pick up Chris!
The kids were SOOOO excited!

Dylan got stuck in a tree at my parents.
Yes, we laughed.  I know, so mean.

While I was picking up Chris, my sister Jeannine and her family drove in from Colorado.

Here we are with our kids.

We went to an amazing hole-in-the-wall Mexican Restaurant (El Farlitos).
Where I got to eat this.  Plus tons of chips and yummy salsa!
It was FAN-tastic!
Chris and I got to go on a quick date to Golden Spoon (frozen yogurt). 
Then we went to Tri-City Park where Uncle Thor taught Payton how to skateboard. 
And Dylan got to board also.
(I was pretty impressed, on one small hill he was even carving!)
 Here's the lake at Tri-City Park.
 After such a BUSY day Rylan crashed in Gigi's arms.
Isn't this hillarious?  It looks like he's thinking "Oh brother!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!