Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Traditions

Christmas is my all time FAVORITE holiday.
With people all over the world celebrating the birth of our Savior.
It's a time when worship songs are played in every business, store, mall, home and car.
(Talk about the gospel getting out there.)
People are singing worship songs, and most don't even know it!

That is why I want to be intentional with my kids.  
I want them to KNOW why we are celebrating - not just that we are.  
And that it is not just about Santa and wish lists.

Today I stumbled upon another great way to do that.  
The Jesus Storybook Bible Advent Reading Plan by Home with the Boys.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the Jesus Storybook Bible with the kids.
And can't wait to start this reading schedule tomorrow.
How great to see how history was preparing for the birth of Christ!

What are some Christmas traditions that you do to focus on the true meaning of Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. Tell me more about this Jesus Storybook bible. For Christmas we get Audrey a gift for her "spiritual needs" and this looks great. I love the bible she has but we have already read through it and I'm noticing as we read it again she's desiring something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typed a long response and of course it didn't save.
      It is a great book. I think the tagline is something like "Every story whispers His name." Each story ties into why Jesus came to earth. It tells how the Bible is a fantastic love story. It is really well done. =)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!