Friday, November 23, 2012

Apple Slices {recipe}

Have you ever made apple slices?  They are super easy, super tasty, and super healthy (unless you add some other things to it - see the notes below).
Dylan and I made them two nights ago.  He loves them.  So do I.
Ready for the recipe?

Well, it's not really a recipe since a recipe is defined as:
"A set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required."
this is more of a "here's how to do it".
Apple Slices
Wash your apples.  I used Roma and Galla but you can use any kind you like.
Use a mandolin to slice them thin.
Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours.
Turn off the oven and leave them in there overnight.  
(Anywhere from 2-18 hours is fine.)
Then enjoy!
Notes:
You can core the apples first.  I just don't mind eating the center.  But I do pick out the stem and seeds.
I sliced my super thin.  You can make them thicker if you want to.
Try sprinkling cinnamon and sugar on the apples before baking.
I also saw on Pinterest that you can sprinkle Jell-O gelatin on them as well.  {Sounds delish!}
Store in a air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!