Sunday, October 7, 2012

Croup And Then Some Fun Stuff

Last night Rylan rapidly got sick.
So sick that when he fell asleep I put him in the bassinet next to my bed so
(a) He could be right next to me. (I knew I would be checking on him all night) and
(b) So he would sleep elevated.
I was still worried so I put the video monitor on him as well.  Here was my view:

Isn't he sweet?
Here is my view from my bed.

It helped . . . a little
I jumped up and checked on him so many stinkin' times (due to him choking) that we ended up here:

Yes, at the E.R.
(There is not an Urgent Care or walk-in place close to us, so this is our only option.)
Of course once we got there, he was not coughing and choking like at home - but he was still diagnosed with Croup.

He got some steroids and then they sent us home.
At 1 o'clock this morning.
Can you say T.I.R.E.D.?

We were going to skip our Community Group tonight (we were pooped!), but it was hinted that there was something special planned for Chris' birthday.
So we went (left Rylan at home with Papa and Sasha - thanks guys!) and ended up having a great time.
Look at the awesome cake they got him.

Hilarious?  Yes, we think so!

Singing "Happy Birthday".

Look!  He's smiling!

Have I mentioned how much I love our church and the people that are there?
They rock!
It's the last day of Chris being 40!  Tomorrow he will be "IN" his forties!  LOL!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!