Thursday, October 27, 2011

While I was sick...

Chris has been a mad-man knocking out all the furniture refinishing (Almost all [95%] of our furniture was thrashed during our moves and needed to be redone).  Plus we have black furniture and it is very hard to keep up.  I wanted to go lighter and brighter.  

He got a LOT done while I was sick and even completed a few items.  
Here is our dining room chairs before: 
This was the only pic that I could find that sorta shows the chairs.  This was last Christmas and the kids were making cookies for Santa!

Here is what the chairs look like now:
He primed them, painted them navajo white and then antiqued them.

We have been searching for a material to work everything off of.  We went to Joann's twice and nothing was exactly what I wanted.  I had an idea in my head, but couldn't relate it to Chris.  We found this at WalMart (of all places) and it was perfect!  I had told him that I wanted to get away from the black and he came up with the white antiquing.
Can you see the detail of the antiquing?

* * * * *

Now flash back to the day we bought Payton's desk...  Sasha (my m-i-l) found a glass top dining room table that she wanted to redo and use.  
{And do you think that I took a picture of it before???  Of course not!  That would have been the smart thing to do.}  
Just imagine the base was a dark oak.  Chris started and finished this table while I was sick.

He did the same thing as the chairs.  Primed it, painted it navajo white and them antiqued it.
Didn't he do an amazing job?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!