Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bird Watching

People who are from Georgia must think that we are complete geeks when it comes to wildlife.  We see some of the most amazingly beautiful animals here, and some we've never seen before.  I even saw my first chipmunk a couple of weeks ago.  He was so cute, so tiny, and looked just like Alvin and the Chipmunks...
Sans the clothes, and scurrying on all fours of course!
My in-laws have this beautiful property with TONS of trees on the back half of it.  When we sit out on the screened-in porch we get to see some really cool wildlife.  Here is what visited the bird feeder last night at dinner:

I would guess it is a blue jay, but only because that is the only kind of bird that I know of that is blue.  Isn't he pretty? He was such a royal blue color.
He also shared the feeder with this bright red Cardinal (this one I KNOW is a Cardinal).  Of course all conversation stops, we all stop, stare, TRY to get good pictures and of course show the kids.  You would think that we have never seen a bird before!  LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!