Tuesday, July 2, 2013

California {Day 8 & 9}

June 18, 2013
We decided to walk to get breakfast this morning.

We took the kids to a donut shop (their first time ever!).
They've had donuts before, but not been into a donut shop to pick out one for themselves.

They loved it.  Rylan, not so much!
(I guess that is a good problem to have.)

Getting into Gigi's dishwasher and "organizing" the silverware.

Hitting the road!

We went to Old Town Orange to all the Antiques stores there.
Payton found a bunny that is EXACTLY like the one Sasha has at home.

Dylan loved looking at all the old (and sometimes new - shocking) things for sale.

For lunch we had one of my favorite subs from when I was in high school, at Orange Tree Deli.
They were sweet and split it into 4 sandwiches for us.

On the way home we got caught at the train.
Oh . . . I cannot count how many times I've had to wait for these trains.
There was even one night when I had to pee SO bad and . . . well, I'll save that story for another time.

We counted the cars . . . 140.

It was a loooooong one!
The trip wouldn't be complete without a stop at Costco (and eating samples!).

We met up with everyone at the Food Trucks.
It was a fun (aka - yummy) night!
Look at some of the things I got to try . . .

My favorite?  The bacon wrapped date.  Oh my! 
Clockwise starting top left:
Hanging out, talking
Jeannine and Thor
Auntie D and Payton and Dylan
Davese, Rylan and Me
Chase (Kenzi's "Friend-boy"), Kenzi and Thor
Always time for kisses.
Penelope and Me

My baby-da-gerl (daddy calls her that) and me.

Dessert?  Thrifty ice cream from Rite Aid!

Do you like Payton's {nasty} florescent "Cotton Candy" ice cream?  Yuck!
After that we hung out at Auntie D's.

My mom and Kenzi
Me and Ry Guy
Juliette and Payton 
June 19, 2013
Dylan and Payton ended up having a sleep over at Auntie D's with the cousins.
Looks like they had too much fun {smile}!

My sweet boy having Hot Coco.

We met back up and headed to Newport Beach.

It was a perfect day.
Beautiful weather (not too cold),
not a lot of people (shockingly),
and the kids had a blast.
Did you see the crabs they caught (and released back into the water after picture time)?

Clockwise starting top left:
Juliette and Me
Our "camp" for the day
Dylan and Penelope - 3 months apart in age and BEST buds
My little sandy man
The best attempt I got for a pic of all 3 of my kids
Catching teeny-tiny sand crabs
 This is what tired, sandy munchkins looks like.
 Prior to marriage, I lived down at Newport Beach. So I showed the kids which house I lived in.
It was the back bottom unit.  My door was way down that walk way right where the fence is.
215 1/2 20th Street
I thought it was cool to have a "half" address.
Heading home at 2:39pm on a Wednesday and we hit traffic.
{Crazy I tell ya!}

So do you think we did enough for today?
Of course not!
The kids went night swimming too.

We like them good and tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!