Friday, August 4, 2017

1st Day of Kindergarten {eek!}

Today I sent my baby off to Kindergarten....  
He was SO very excited to go to school.
{Look who was watching us take pictures!}
We all prayed over him and this upcoming year.
Dad helped him with his backpack.
He gave his big guy hugs good-bye. {I can't believe just 8 short years ago we were sending HIM off to kindergarten.}
And then some final words of wisdom for little man.
Payton and Rylan will be at the same school this year.
And he was ready to go with his TMNT backpack of course! {Thanks Unc and Auntie D!}
Me and my buddy.
He hung up his backpack and checked out his classroom.
Then gave me one last hug goodbye.
I kept it together until I got to the parking lot and then boo-hooed.  It is a new season of life for me.  Ry was always with me for errands, car rides and now my car was quiet.  When I told Ry that I would miss him, he said "But you have Bombi now!".  Ha!  It's just not the same.  Fortunately Chris was working from home that day, so I didn't come home to an empty house.  Plus Bombi was chewing this bone and we were laughing at the fact that it was probably louder than Rylan would have been at home!
I kept busy with some work, and house work, and then it was time to leave to get the kids. Chris went with me and on the way down our driveway we had to stop for this rat snake {shudder}.  I think snakes and spiders are the worst thing about country living!
It was a beautiful day driving to pick them up.
And on our way we saw my momma walking into an Antique Store!  Hi Momma!
There they are!
He had a GREAT day and talked non-stop about everything he experienced.
He can't wait to go back to school {but has to wait until next Wednesday - yes, it's a crazy school start schedule!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!