Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Break

Dylan is on Fall Break this week and all schedules have gone out the window!  But isn't that what breaks are for?  

And I know you are asking, what is Fall Break?  and didn't you JUST start school?  And if we were still in California, you would be right...but here they started school on AUGUST 1st!  So I am kind of glad for a break.  [BTW - We have fall break, thanksgiving break, TWO winter breaks, and a spring break!]

I wish I could say that we have been doing super fun things on this break, but we haven't.  The weather changed and it is "cool" [I can't say COLD, my father-in-law always teases me with "It ain't cold"].  I MAY or MAY NOT have worn a ski jacket on Monday morning to watch the kids ride bikes outside.  It's the wind that gets me.  When it blows, my bones get cold and there is no recovering from that.  Plus we changed drastically from 95 degrees to 60 within days.  We didn't get time to adjust.  So these dreary, drizzly days are filled with playing indoors & in the garage, watching movies, and playing outside when it is not raining.

* * * * *

Today Payton and I went to Bible Study (and no we didn't stop at Starbucks this time), ran a few errands then came home.  Dylan was riding bikes with the neighbors so I made myself a cup of hot tea,  [It's Earl Grey (decaf - of course) with milk and sugar - just how my mom makes it!] and sat out on the front porch rocking chairs to watch them.
While out there, Chris pointed out this little guy:
Can you see him?  He looks like a salamander, but I could be wrong.  I tried to get a closer shot without scaring him off (but it got blurry).  See his bright blue tail?

It is neat seeing all the interesting animals here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!