Monday, January 13, 2014

Trader Joe's Chunky Tomato Soup

My favorite thing about Trader Joe's is the samples that they give out. 9 times out of 10 I really like what they are serving and end up buying it. Here is one of those "recipes" I tried recently.  I quoted that because it really isn't a recipe . . . More of a throw together. 

Trader Joe's Chunky Tomato Soup
1 box Trader Joe's Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup
1/2 package Trader Joe's Cheese & Garlic Croutons
3/4 cup French Fried Onions (I already had some at home but Trader Joe's sells them as well.)

Before opening the soup, shake the box really well. Open and pour into a medium saucepan and bring to a slow simmer. (Don't leave it to boil over like I did. Huge mess - ugh!)
Turn off heat and add the croutons and Fried onions.  Stir until the croutons have slightly softened.

Serve and enjoy!

Remember this isn't a "recipe" so you can play with the amount of croutons and fried onions you add in. The croutons will absorb the liquid of the soup so keep that in mind as well.
Sometimes I like to serve soup in a big mug.  I don't know why, but the kids get a kick out of it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this at the Saturday Night Fever link party. Hope to see you back on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!