Monday, August 5, 2019

BLT Pasta Salad {recipe}

Twice now, I have found a recipe online that has become a family favorite only to discover that the website that hosted the recipe no longer existed.  I'm quickly learning to save/print/re-blog the recipe so I can be sure to have it just in case.  This is one of those recipes.  It was originally from FullForkAhead.com and I had {thankfully} printed it way back when.  Here the recipe with my tweaks that I have made:

1/4 cup light mayonnaise 
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 pkg grape tomatoes, halved
4-5 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste

1 - 2.5 oz pkg low sodium bacon bits
1 - 10 oz pkg fresh spinach, chopped
1 lb corkscrew pasta, cooked and refrigerated until cold

Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, thyme, salt and pepper.  {If you have time, make this ahead and refrigerate a couple of hours to let the flavors intensify.}

In a large bowl, toss cold pasta, spinach, and dressing to combine.  Mix in bacon right before serving.

If your going to have any leftovers, don't add the bacon in.  It won't taste good the next day.  Just add it in right before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!