Saturday, April 30, 2016

Faux Shiplap Accent Wall

We, like the rest of America, have been watching Fixer Upper and fell in love with shiplap.
Chris had a brilliant idea to take this space:
And shiplap it to look like this:
I l.o.v.e. how it turned out! 
~
We searched the web and found out that you can "shiplap" with plywood boards ripped into planks. 
The hardest part was around the mantle when Chris had to hand chisel that area. {Or so Chris said.... I just took pictures!}
The project cost about $25 bucks total. {We already had the white paint on hand.}
Looks great doesn't it?
I love the subtle contrast of the white shiplap against the light grey walls.
Yup, my hubby is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!