Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June's Goals - How Did I Do?

At the beginning of the month, I decided to set some goals for myself.  Now that the month is through, wanna know how I did?  {I gave myself a grade for each one.}
1. Quiet Time/Bible Reading Every Day.  - A-ish
I had quiet time with the Lord everyday except one.  It was the first Sunday of the month and since we were going to church, I was going to count that as my quiet time... BUT then I realized that I would get out of the rhythm and decided to do it, even on Sundays.

2. Work Out 6x a Week.   - A+
Thanks to the T25 calendar, and me being a rule follower, I was able to work out 6 days a week!  I finished my 1st round of T25 and I'm back at it for round 2!

3. No Social Media Between 7-9pm Everyday.  B
This was the most eye-opening goal I made for myself. I kept grabbing my phone and checking out Instagram, Facebook, etc and then realizing the time and quickly putting my phone down.  In fact, I realized that I needed wanted to completely put my phone away for those 2 hours. Did I do that all the time?  No, but I'm making effort to put it away more often and focus on what is going on with my family instead.

4. One Sweet/Dessert Per Day.   - C
Yeah.  This one was hard.  {Especially when I was PMSing!} BUT it was a thought in the back of my mind all month long.  If I wanted something sweet at 11am I thought, "Is this really the one sweet thing you want today?".  It did deter me a lot of times, and I DID cut back on my sugar intake a bit, but I have a LONG way to go.  LOL!

So looking back, I think I am going to continue with these goals, and hopefully bring my grades up on the last 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!