Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pumpkin Squares {recipe}

I had a can of pumpkin left over from Thanksgiving that I wanted to use up.  So I went through my pins on Pinterest and came across "Paul's Pumpkin Bars".
It looked up and it was pretty easy.  I read the reviews and made some changes (per their suggestions) and here's what I ended up with.

They are cake-like, but you can still eat it with your hands.
They aren't overly sweet, but the frosting adds that hint of sweetness for each bite.

Pumpkin Squares
Adapted from "Paul's Pumpkin Bars" on AllRecipes.com

4 eggs
3/4 cup white granulated sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 oz) can pumkpin puree

2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

Frosting:
1 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
powdered sugar (approx 1 cup)


Mix eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin together well.  
Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
Spread evenly into an ungreased 10x15 jellyroll pan.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Once it cools cut into squares.  (I ended up with 40 squares.)

Frosting:  Cream together the cream cheese and butter.
Stir in vanilla.
Add powdered sugar a few tablespoons at a time until you get the desired consistency.
Scoop frosting into a ziplock bag.  Seal and cut a tiny bit of one corner off.
Swirl frosting over the cooled, cut squares.

Like this:

Yes, I need to work on my swirls.  =)
But they taste great all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!