Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rylan's Dedication

This handsome guy was dedicated at church today.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE our church?  They made the dedication such a special day for us (and 5 other families).

They had interviewed all of us a couple of weeks ago about why we are dedicating our children, the best parts about being a parent, what does Proverbs 22:6 mean to us, etc. Then they put together a awesome video putting all of our comments together.  It was really cool.

The Children's director, Carrie (to my left in the picture above), introduced each family and the children we were dedicating.  They showed baby pictures of the kids during the introductions.

They gave us 2 books as a gift; The Jesus Storybook Bible and Praying God's Will for My Son.  I've heard nothing but good things about both books and can't wait to read them!

Carrie finished it up saying a wonderful prayer for us and our kids.
After the service they had Olive Garden brought in for us and our families and guests (of course I forgot to take pictures!).  Craig and Sasha came, as well as our friend Tamara and her kids (Mark, her husband, had to work).  Oh and they even Live Streamed the service so my parents got to watch from California too!
Here is Makenna and Payton hanging out afterward!
It was an awesome day.  Thank you Oak Leaf Church and everyone who made this day so special!!!

I had to take one more picture of this handsome guy...
And then one more of him in his Exersaucer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!