Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Duke's Chicken Salad {recipe}

Awhile ago I saw a commercial for Duke's mayonnaise that featured a yummy looking chicken salad, and I am a sucker for a good chicken salad.

I had also heard that you can shred chicken in a KitchenAid mixer. So I decided to test both of these out!

I put frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a pan (seasoned with salt and pepper), covered with a lid and cooked on medium for 25 minutes. I put the hot chicken in my mixer, with the paddle attachment and turned it on. Less than 30 seconds later it was done and it was perfect.
I cannot believe I waited so long to try this out. I will NEVER shred chicken by hand again (well at least as long as I can help it)!

I used the chicken in the Duke's Chicken Salad and it was excellent! You can click {here} to search for the recipe called "Duke's Chicken Salad" (there is no direct link.) or follow the recipe below (I halved the recipe for our family and it was just enough.)
Duke's Chicken Salad
for the dressing
1/2 cup Duke's mayonnaise 
1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
salt to taste

for the salad
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1/2 cup diced red apple
1/2 cup grape halves
1/8 cup chopped pecans

Mix the ingredients for the dressing together. Add in the chicken, celery, onion, apple and grapes.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes then serve on your favorite bread.

This is not a great picture, but here's how I ate it.
This would be fabulous on a croissant. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!