Saturday, October 5, 2013

First Week in Nashville

Sunday I was able to cook my first meal in the apartment. Looking pretty good, right?

Yeah, here's the other side of the kitchen.

{And yes, we have florescent lights in there - ugh!}
I made our family favorite - J's Mac & Cheese.

~
While I was busy unpacking on Monday, my phone got hi-jacked by 2 little munchkins.
I found 68 of these beauties on my phone.

Then I walked into the living room to find Ry doing this:

Chris got home from work, we ate dinner and then hung out, ate popcorn, and watched a family movie.
School starts tomorrow for the kiddos!

Can you see the excitement on the kids faces?

Needless to say they were a bit apprehensive to start a new school.
Their moods boosted a little while walking to the bus.

That quickly ended when the bus showed up.
Dylan looked at me with fright in his eyes and said "Don't make me go on the bus.  PLEASE drive me to school."
Poor buddy.
Ugh!  My heart had just got stomped on the floor.  It hurt to send them off, but I KNEW they would have a great time, it's just getting over the "firsts" for the day.
Rylan had fun taking them to the bus though!

~
I saw some really sad news on FaceBook today.

My best friend from elementary school, Becky, lost her mom to breast cancer yesterday.
Sherry was an amazing lady.  She stayed steady under hard times.  A beautiful woman who ALWAYS had a smile on her face.  She was so welcoming and she made me feel like I was just another daughter of hers.  The world is missing out on having such an incredible lady around.  But we are rejoicing because we KNOW that she is with her Creator and she is smiling again, free from sickness and pain.
I will miss you Sherry!
Please pray for Becky and her family as they continue to mourn the loss of their mom and figure out how to go on from here.
~
The kids (of course) had a great first day of school.
Payton brought this drawing home from her new friend Korie.

It says "Welcome to Kenrose Patin".
So sweet!
~
Dylan loves to help me in the kitchen.
Whenever he makes something he calls it "Dylan's Famous ____".
Here he is making his "Famous Garlic Bread".

Our washer and dryer were delivered this week.
Here's my laundry.

I am so grateful to have a family to help create all this laundry.  And thankful for a washer and dryer to be able to get it all clean.  =)
~
Saturday morning we headed back to Georgia to spend the night at Craig and Sasha's.
There is a really cool part of the drive where you go down this steep incline.  Every time we go thru it, we drive through the clouds.

It's pretty neat.
~
When we arrived at Papa & Sasha's house Payton walked into our old rooms and started crying.
When I asked her what was wrong, she replied "I have memories here."
It was odd to be there, and not see our "stuff" there. But it is so nice to be just a short drive from Papa & Sasha.  It felt like a mini vacation.
~
Yup, I'm a bit tired

I fell asleep and took a long nap.
I woke up and joined everyone for dinner.
They had a yummy BBQ for Chris' birthday (it's this Tuesday!).
Ry LOVED his corn on the cob.

Did I mention that I was tired?
Because I fell asleep at 7:30pm . . . which was 6:30pm my (TN) time.
Chris and the kids fell asleep early too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love reading and responding to each one!